Sunday, October 6, 2013

Cauliflower as Moon . . .

Photo by K. Iuppa
Grown by M J Iuppa and Peter Tonery

A very good year for cauliflower . . .


This sunday morning's rain gurgling in the gutters.  All the windows gloomy.  I'm in the study sitting by the blue  glow of the computer screen.

So far so good with the poetry challenge.  Yesterday, before dinner, I took a long walk at Hamlin Beach with Peter.  The trees are starting to turn.  The lake was churning and had that smell of autumn. People fishing on the jetty.  Dogs of all sizes walking their people.

It felt good to take in those Lake ions.  Breathe in deeply and let go.  September was so, so busy with events that I was either coordinating or involved in. Accomplished a lot in the 30 days of September. Now the first week of October has tip-toed in. . .  and I have more arts events on the horizon.  I'm feeling a little beat up from the pace I'm keeping, but everything has been such a success that my heart is glad.

Oh, I hear thunder in the distance, out over the lake. This rain may last.  This may be a good day to putter and get things done.  What's ahead?  Another week of teaching and meetings. Maybe today would be a great day to make an apple pie.  Our apples this year are exceptional.


 “True happiness, we are told, consists in getting out of one's self; but the point is not only to get out - you must stay out; and to stay out you must have some absorbing errand.”
Henry James, Roderick Hudson

 


No comments:

Post a Comment