Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Day 7, 30X30

Today is my mother's birthday. If she were alive, she would be 100 years old. She'd be seeing me get old. Years ago, when Meghan and Nick were little, I invited my mom (dad too) over for her birthday secretly, so my other siblings wouldn't get jealous, and we asked Gary Jacobs, our neighbor at the time, to hitch up his surrey and take my mom on a birthday ride through the park. It was a glorious day, warm and sunny, and when mom saw the surrey coming down Moscow Road and turn into our driveway, she got up,without any fuss, really like a dream, she lifted herself into the surrey and off we went-- clippity-clop, clippity-clop. She was so happy. A surprise that really was a surprise.

I've been moseying around the gardens and have seen signs of perennials coming back. No Lilies of the Valley yet. I wounder if it's too early, or if I should be worried? Mind you, the warm weather has me snooping around earlier than usual. I'm anxious for the planting season. I want to be outside and digging in the dirt. I'm tired of carrying a heavy book bag of stuff wherever I go. I'm always lugging things around. It's getting annoying. I want to wear sandals and cotton sundresses. I want to be comfortable.

Meghan was home from NYC this past weekend. Great to see her and catch up on her adventures in the city. She has landed a part in a play Living Among the Natives, which will
be playing in Manhattan in May. Meghan plays a 10-year-old, Lulu Native. We will be going down to see the play as soon as the semester is over.

Still keeping up with this 30X30:

Poem titles :

7. "Constellation"

6. "A Beautiful Arrogance"

No comments:

Post a Comment