Thursday, August 27, 2009

Last Days of August

Went to the Public Market today with Peter. We bought a basket of tomatoes, mushrooms, Asian eggplants, which are small globes, speckled green. The woman who was standing next to us gave us a recipe on the spot and every time we crossed paths she added a few more details to the recipe. We have a lot of her necessary ingredients. I think this is going to be Peter's birthday dinner tonight. We also bought lemons and plums and red peppers and fresh Mozz and a hunk of x-sharp cheddar and summer honey and baby yellow squash. I think that's it. We're going to go for a canoe ride in a couple of hours. I love the pond. Thus far, I identified hydrilla and bladderwort growing there. There are some plants that look like wild hyacinths, if that's possible? I have to get a closer look. It's an absolutely beautiful day today. Blue skies, gentle air and sun.

I think we're going to celebrate Peter's birthday through the weekend. I like long drawn out birthdays. It makes getting older a bit easier. You literally let the idea of birthday grow on you.

Watched the movie Solaris a couple of days ago. It's a thought-provoking film. Makes you look closely at metaphor.

Notes to blogville:

Kell, I love the photo gallery and commentary. Thank you for the thoughts on creativity and creating ritual and routine.

RK, thank you for showing us those beautiful landscapes by PL. He is very talented. I've had favorites and would return to just gaze at the picture (s).

Steve Fellner, I loved the essay you posted. I'm still thinking about it. Thank you for letting us read it on your blog.

Now back to the day at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment