Tuesday, July 16, 2013

If Weeds Were Currency, I'd Be Rich . . .

Mindful Quote of the Day:

“The present moment is filled with joy and happiness. If you are attentive, you will see it. (21)”
Thich Nhat Hanh, Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life


Photo by K.Iuppa. Brigid's Yoga Session in the Lake

 So far, this week has been hot and steamy.  Getting up early to work in the gardens before the blistering heat hits its highest mark.  Yesterday finished weeding the South garden.  This morning aiming to work in the North garden.  I made another batch of red raspberry jam in the cool of the morning.  Our farmhouse does not have air-conditioning, so we have to shut it up tight before the day advances. There is a significant difference of temperature. But when it get this hot, it's best to find a cool place to sit and read.

I've been trying to get a lot of work done. Slow but sure.   On the writing front, I have nearly finished a section of my novella that's approx 6000 words, which is an accomplishment for me.  I started this novella last summer.  Hopefully, by end of August, I will have more done.  We'll see.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment