Sunday, December 21, 2014

Winter Solstice ! The longest night . .

12 Days of Christmas Writing Challenge Update:
12/17-12/20/2014, I worked on a Lyrical CNF essay called 13 Beans. Spent time revising it yesterday and a bit this morning. Such fun!


Here are some prompts:

Write a poem about something that happened to a historical someone (artist, musician, dancer, scientist, inventor, zealot, saint, sinner) you know all about. Write about it as if it had happened to you.   This will give it conviction (ethos,pathos).

Write either a flash fiction or nonfiction on SHADOWS.Include the following words: smooth, soothe, work,visit, glisten.



*******

Now what to do on the longest night of the year?  I actually have a lot to do.  Baking, cleaning, packing for our holidays.I'm  looking forward to spending time with my two youngest children.  We're going to have a great time.

Today is my youngest child's birthday.  Happy Birthday,Nick!  He was lucky enough to be born on the Winter Solstice.  I love the fact that the light will be coming back into our lives after tonight.  The darkness at 5:30 p.m. feels like 10:00 p.m. and I'm ready to go to bed.  It's been a battle staying up because I feel the damp chill and want to get cozy. Cozy=Bed and a stack of blankets. In seconds, I fall asleep.

I'm feeling well rested. It took a week to reclaim my usual vigor.   Although every day last week felt like Saturday.  This is what happens when you lose your minute by minute schedule.


Now to make the Christmas fudge.  i can't break a 42 year tradition, can I?





No comments:

Post a Comment