Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Big Moon: I Got An Eye on You . . .

Photo: K. Iuppa 8/11/2014

August 12, 2014:

My friends have been posting "three positive things" as a week long challenge on Facebook, and reading them has given me an emotional lift, especially now that I'm dragging my big toe, trying to keep summer a bit longer.So I decided that I need to do this too.  To help me realize the daily good stuff.

Monday, 8/11/2014:

Made another batch of Organic red raspberry-apricot jam ( 3 pints; 2  half-pints.Gorgeous color!)
Made dill relish with jalapeno and sweet red and orange peppers (10 pints. The addition of Jalapeno made all the difference!)  The dining room table is filling up with jars of all sizes.  

Went to a Red Wings Ball game last night.  Perfect weather.  Red Wings won their double header! The stadium was packed.

~

 This morning I woke up early.  It was raining, as predicted, a gentle rain, which has since stopped and now the sun is shining.  Sun was not predicted.  Glad to see it.  I'm hoping this rain and sun will keep our tomatoes on course.  We have a lot of tomatoes!  All green!  I hope they will be ripe  in two weeks when my sister Andrea arrives for her birthday fete.


This summer, I struck the mother lode in my creative endeavors.  It's hard to believe that I accomplished so much in less than a hundred days.  I think this is why I'm feeling reluctant to turn my full attention to beginning of the Fall 2014 semester.  Not that I'm not ready to go back to the pace of teaching, because I have been working on upcoming events and my program, but how to balance it all? How to be alert in three worlds?  It's going to be wobbly, I think.  Processing the  garden's harvest is going to run into late fall.  Everything is late because of the weather.   I guess the old adage of go with the flow is the best advice. 

 Go with the flow, go with the flow, go with the flow~ 

  

 







No comments:

Post a Comment