Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Lake Island Thoughts in October . . .

Photo: K Iuppa

Autumn's colors are taking hold. There's a distinct chill in the air.  One we thought would never arrive after this summer's heat.  The weatherman said we may have snow this weekend.(Snow? So soon?)  I have plans of a brief trip to the Finger Lakes this weekend.  Looking forward to hiking those hills.  A bit of painting and writing. Around here,the maples (silver, red, sugar) are just gorgeous, eye-popping color, which we haven't had in several years. Have begun my October poetry challenge.  So far, so good.  3 for 3.

There is a pond not far from our farm that I pass every day and it's full of herons and egrets, literally 20-30
poised  like dancers waiting for the music to begin. It's so beautiful to see, and I see it every day.

Today has begun while most of you are sleeping.  I have work to do before a series of meetings, then teaching, then home again.  It's mid-week.  The day we can look in two directions. Tomorrow I take my Encounters class to GeVa to see You Can't Take It With You.  Then friday will be another day of catch up.

and then, and then . . .

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment