Saturday, January 21, 2012

Weekend Forecast: More Work

Photo: K. Iuppa

This is a male, Long-Tailed Duck, formerly known as Oldsquaw. Breeds in the Arctic and winters on both coasts off North America. Our high winds must have pushed it off course. This bird was found resting on the shores of Lake Ontario.

What luck to see him there and get this photo.

I have a lot of work to get done this weekend. The beginning of every semester is just jam-packed with meetings and reports and plans. I'm going to channel the Little Engine that Could . . . I think I Can, I think I Can . . . I need to stay on course . . . But who knows there may be something that
pulls me away from work. There may be a walk or two in this weekend too.

Still participating in the River of Stones. Now writing small world poems for it.
The quincouplet project begins its fourth round today.

No comments:

Post a Comment