Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Bookends

Simon and Garfunkel: "Bookends"

Time it was, and what a time it was, it was
A time of innocence, a time of confidences
Long ago, it must be, I have a photograph
Preserve your memories, they're all that's left you.


Humming this tune this morning, while putting small gifts together.

Marathon grading, over. Grades turned in ahead of time. A sense of peace before all that needs to be pulled together for this weekend's festivities. Two of my adult children are a year older. Birthdays on 18th & 21 st. Both are standing on thresholds. New beginnings await them.

Had some very wild dreams Sunday night, which inspired a lot of writing on Monday morning.
It felt good to unleash it all. Wish I could go away for a few days. A retreat, of any kind, would suit me just fine.

Today, I will be making my fabulous holiday fudge . . . fudge , so rich, so creamy, so chockful of walnuts, that with each tender morsel, you know you've entered heaven. This is my 38th year! Yes, today I will be in the sugar coma zone!

New Sign in Town:

Holiday Party: DJ Kevin with Snacks!

No comments:

Post a Comment