Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday roundup

The semester is off to a good start. General well being in all classes, which is a blessing. I can see on the course rosters that more students have added, so I will have to catch them up this week. The first two weeks of school are so rocky until the class rhythm settles in. From the first classes, I think it's going to be a rewarding semester.

***

Went canoeing in the pond today with Peter. A wind ruffled the water and felt cool against our faces. We could hear kingfishers, but didn't see any in flight. The hydrilla is decaying
and there's an emerald green scum that looks like pointillism. Saw a couple of grass carp, but they weren't lolling in the hydrilla as they were several weeks ago. The sun came out. It was quiet. So very quiet.


***

Taking my Encounters class to the Dryden Theatre on Thursday. We're going to see Love with a Proper Stranger (Steve McQueen and Natalie Wood). My class is very bright, so I know they will have an interesting reaction to the film. They've also been assigned to create a collage. Looking forward to seeing their creations.

Hope to be back sooner than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment