Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Post Labor Day

We went canoeing in Yanty Marsh yesterday, which is a protected environment and part of Hamlin State Park. It was so peaceful, so green. We slow paddled, trying not to make a lot of noise. In some areas the hydrilla was so thick it was like sliding over a waterbed-- a thousand tiny fingers holding us up. We saw three Double-Crested Comorants, a Great Blue Heron, Kingfishers, Sand pipers, Canada Geese, Trumpeter Swans; Small fry swimming in the water; bladderwort, hydrilla, water hyacinths, cattails, water irises, without blooms, very small lilypads, which I need to look up. We were gone for over 2 hours.
I'm so glad we went.

Then spent the rest of the day procrastinating.


Now I'm day confused because of the holiday. I keep looking at the calendar. Tuesday, really.

It's official September now. The semester begins this week. I think I'm still dragging my big toe in summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment