Saturday, February 2, 2019

February 2nd: Early Spring in Ground hog's sight!

Photo by  P. Tonery: Sun Dog,  Winter Morning

In an eyeblink of New Year, January came and went. Our weather  (Polar Vortex) has been cold to the bone. The Spring semester at St. John Fisher started three weeks ago, and The College at Brockport started this week. So far, all is well.

Today, the Ground Hog didn't see his shadow, so he predicts the promise of an early Spring-- make it so weather gods.

In 2018, I had the grand total of 106  acceptances (poetry, fiction, essays, reviews). 100 acceptance has been my annual   goal for several years , and I have been a bit short. I was so surprised that I actually did it this year.  I feel extremely fortunate to have my work appear in so many fine journals. Now I am working on  a new collection of poems and a collection of 100 100 word stories.  I began this work in December 2018, during those limbo holiday weeks, when everything is strangely quiet and time seems to move at a slower pace. Now I am not sure if I am on foot or horseback, and the beginning of every new semester is wild with do this--
no, do this-- and somehow, everything gets done.

Recent work published in December: 

Dime Show Review: (100 word Story)

https://www.dimeshowreview.com/another-time-by-m-j-iuppa/?fbclid=IwAR1mlkhNpaEK2jMgy0DbxuDUxpkRErB6moRi0mohpK5swDco7FyJLZKW1H4

 Poems in Ekphrastic Review.
http://www.ekphrastic.net/apps/search?q=iuppa


Poems in Burning House:
https://burninghousepress.com/2018/12/21/m-j-iuppa-2-poems/?fbclid=IwAR3QSAHQNaDZ3i3n-fmxVzBkm_GXUdIAiKDHAkYVFxjAOcbInKQQuAkmsLI

Consider sending your creative work to these fine journals.




 Quote for the Day:


“When you look back on a lifetime and think of what has been given to the world by your presence, your fugitive presence, inevitably you think of your art, whatever it may be, as the gift you have made to the world in acknowledgment of the gift you have been given, which is life itself. And I think the world tends to forget that this is the ultimate significance of the body of work each artist produces. That work is not an expression of the desire for praise or recognition, or prizes, but the deepest manifestation of your gratitude for the gift of life.”
                                                        ~ Stanley Kunitz


No comments:

Post a Comment