Sunday, January 4, 2015

First Sunday of the New Year, 2015

Apple Orchard in Winter
Photo by P. Tonery

So, here we are at the beginning of a new year, and I'm looking for a way to make this year different from all the others.

Top Five Ambitions:

1. To have this year be filled with discoveries.
2. To imagine all the possibilities attached to the word: Yes. 3. To dance and sing and laugh, with young and old, and everyone in-between. 4.To be clear in my thoughts and actions. 5.  To have the best garden, ever.

This will be the year of "No Regrets."  Smoke goes up the chimney, the kitchen is warm.  My home isn't polite.  It takes heart to live here, and I do most of the time have heart.

I have been writing a lot since I returned from Brooklyn.  The work is scary and dark.  Hardly a match for my usual disposition.  I'm in unfamiliar territory.  This fiction's make-believe may change the way I see the world. I have a naked eye.  Everything is changing.  Strangely, I'm not afraid.

This past week I finished a short fiction called "Thin Walls."  a prose poem called "Gray Sea, Gray Ship, Floating, " a lyric poem called "Not Nearly Enough to Save," "Among White Birches," and "What Words Would Do." I'm still working on a Lyric CNF essay.  It's going to be long.


Lastly, I am going to be a bit more faithful to this blog this year.  I want to post more about the writing life, about my love of art, and the art of living on a small farm.  The seed catalogs are arriving now.  Gorgeous veggies.  This upcoming growing season may be really warm  (I hope so).   So far, the winter has been very mild. Last year was a record for snow and cold, and our growing season was not as warm as in the past.  2012 was our last exceptional year.  Maybe a three year cycle?  We'll see.

Today:  More editing work to finish.  Planning on making a potful of applesauce.  Want to go for a long walk.





 
  


No comments:

Post a Comment