Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Daily Mandala

Stunningly cold. I'm not prepared for this.  It's a slap.  What did I expect (wish for) a mild, green winter?

This week, a series of sealed envelopes. Yesterday, I ventured out and made my way over the St. John Fisher College to do some work before the Spring semester begins. I completed those tasks by 4:30 p.m. A decent day's work.   Today, I have to prepare  for my upcoming classes.  I'm hoping to get my syllabi done before the weekend.   I feel the tug, the March Hare is beginning to thump his watch, so many important dates.

"I do what I like, and I like what I do." How reassuring this argument is.I can smile like the Cheshire Cat.


 It's cold and still dark.  It's snowed, as predicted. Every once in a while a car drives by. Where are you going?  I think this is a question that is both informational and spiritual. How often do we ignore the spiritual side of it?  Sometimes, it's hard to answer the question.   Sometimes, I'm frustrated by the repetition.  Routine can be good and not-so-good.   Just  think of all the things we count on. When I go to the store,  my family expects me to come back with groceries.  What if I came back empty handed? Would I be ready to answer  the long list of why?  Is this the reason why I buy groceries, to avoid the questions? Maybe,so.


I'm  making progress on my second scarf.  I hope to finish it today, or maybe tomorrow. My trigger thumb is improving. 









No comments:

Post a Comment