Sunday, August 24, 2014

Summer Sunday Adrift

Photo: Karen Iuppa

So this is it.  The end of summer.  Sunday, our one day left. I'm lost in thought.  Life is a game of take away. I find myself pulled in two directions.  Soon, it will be three.  In a day, I will have to go in all three.  No choice.
I will have to be attune to the daily schedule. This realization is slightly horrific. I have four rows of gorgeous tomatoes, still green; but they promise to be all that we expect. With  nervous impatience, we're waiting . . . .
 

~
 Yesterday, I made another batch of both Golden Apricot jam and  Dill Relish with Jalapeno pepper (not hot,but mighty tasty!)  Today I'm going to roast beets for a salad with goat cheese and walnuts.  Make a pan of Zucchini Parm and bring it over to my sister's house for a last summer party with family.  I'm looking forward to this. 




No comments:

Post a Comment