Thursday, August 16, 2012

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

Photo: K. Iuppa

At the end of the rainbow, a pot of tomato sauce is bubbling.
Quarts upon quarts of fresh tomato sauce line up on our dining room table. I have made a variety of batches: red  and yellow, red(strictly plum tomatoes), red (all varieties) and golden yellow.
Made quart jars of tomato soup, too.  Peter made salsa. 
We have miles to go because the harvest is just kicking into high gear. Picking veggies every day, baskets upon baskets full.
Wishing my sister Andrea were here to enjoy our bounty. Heard that my niece Suzanne, who lives in Wales, will be visiting in September, just in time for my birthday. Can't wait to see her.
We had such a great visit last year.

 The weather has cooled down quite a bit, which we're all grateful for cooler nights. In several short weeks, our semester will begin.
So much to do before those first classes. Looking forward to  this semester.  I have a lot of exciting events planned.

My own work continues to percolate. The steady routine has been a blessing in so many ways. I think I have done exactly what I set out to do this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment