Friday, November 26, 2010

Glorious Day after Thanksgiving

All day yesterday as I prepare for Thanksgiving company, I listened to Christmas music, mostly the crooners (Crosby, Sinatra, Martin) were playing on the Sounds of the Season station, which I think is a station that plays Christmas music all year long. There were some song lyrics that stuck in my mind as I was chopping all the fresh veggies for my turkey's dressing . . .something that set the tone for the day, maybe this upcoming season of light; words that describe the choice of happiness. I created a Thanksgiving poem, which we read, each taking a line, when we gathered around the dinner table. My granddaughter Brigid rang the little gold bell at the appointed times, and it went well, even though there was no dress rehearsal. Then we sat down to a fabulous meal of mostly carbs and everyone was happy. Baby George was especially please by the black cherry & mandarin orange jello and the black olives that capped his fingertips perfectly.It was a lot of fun, but I think I washed every glass, bowl, platter, and fork-- I mean every utensil twice over the past two days.

It rained throughout the night. I could hear it pelting against the windows and the wind howling.

Woke up around 1:45 a.m. and drank a cup of Sugar Cookie tea with honey and thought about how to manage this upcoming weekend's time. I'm going to be at the Irondiquoit H.S. Craft Sale with my sister Karen on Saturday. I'm hoping it will be a great success! If you're in the neighborhood, stop by. We have some unique gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment