Sunday, April 4, 2010

Day 4, 30X30

It's Easter Sunday. Cooler morning, but still warmer than it's suppose to be. In years past, the crocuses had mouths full of snow on Easter Sunday. I'm hoping this warmth means our summer will be warmer and drier than last year. We lost so many vegetables to the constant rain.


I'm hoping we will be able to take a canoe ride today. It didn't rain last night, as predicted, or if it did it was a light rain. Thunderstorms will be coming through mid-week. I have more papers to grade before the week begins. April is such a strict month. Too much to do.


Spent time yesterday tweaking poem #3. I keep looking at the list of prompts and feel like I've done them all. Of course, I haven't, but just thinking about them requires a certain effort, and that effort translates into something finished. This same reaction occurs when I study a store catalog. Once I flip through the pages, I feel like I've bought it all. Although, the other day, I did buy a new set of pots and pans. I've been thinking about burying all the old ones in the back yard. The three poems I've written thus far had nothing to do with the prompts. But I look at the list nonetheless. I don't follow recipes either. I imagine this project could be pointless and deadly for some. Best to keep a sense of humor and celebrate what works.

Now to work on number 4. Then get stuff ready for brunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment