Saturday, August 22, 2009

Snippets

One of the teen white rabbits keeps escaping from the outdoor pen. He stays close to the other bunnies but likes being on the other side. Sometimes catching him in daylight is a two or three person effort, whereas catching him at night only takes one. He's always so startled to be back in the pen. He looks around as if to say, back with all of you, again. Petulant bunny. So teen.

Last night I caught him and put him back and this morning he's out again. Is he a really smart bunny, or dumb bunny?


Today we're going to a wedding in Letchworth Park. It's about an hour away from here. Letchworth is very beautiful state park with gorges and waterfalls. It looks like it's going to be a
sunny, warm day. Perfect.


I finished another scarf last night. I like the yarns I'm working with. I daydream/meditate a lot when I'm doing repetitive tasks such as knitting, dishwashing, shucking dry beans and so on.
It recharges me.

My sister Andrea sent a bamboo basketful of shortbread cookies from Hawaii. Every cookie is individually wrapped. It's the summer collection. It has a teal ribbon fastened with a carved pineapple made out of coconut shell. It would be a pretty barrette. Have to think about that.
Haven't tasted the cookies yet, but I'm sure they will be great with a cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment