Sunday, April 5, 2009

Trying to Keep Up . . .

All week, I've squirreled the writing prompts away, so I could catch up later. I confess, I'm doing the weekend "bundled" version of this challenge. Looking at the prompts, I've been thinking about the meaning of prompt-- that little spark that either burns out or catches quick. I've had a bit of both going on. Some fizz, some whoosh.

I do feel so much better writing. Sometimes I think something is lodged behind my third eye. It's all the muck of my day to day, which most certainly is deadly and pointless. When I start to do my own work, whether it's writing or drawing or baking or whatever, it feels solid, like I've found my place. Too often I'm complicated by my teaching schedule, which is an outward motion. Whereas, writing requires an inward motion. It's diving deep to discover things in the near dark. I say near dark because my eyes like that kind of light. I actually can see better.


"We are but a moment's sunlight fading on the grass" name that tune!

No comments:

Post a Comment