Friday, March 6, 2009

Day Before Spring Break Begins

Dreaming of . . .

Soon the students will be gone to destinations warm or not so warm, but most certainly away; and when they return they will still be away, their big toe dragging in that brief respite. I, on the other hand, will have a bit of quiet, slower pace, but still working on projects and residencies. I have to make the most of this time.


Besides work, I think I will have a bit of fun too. I want to hang out with my sister Karen. Go thrift shopping with her. She always finds the best items. I'm attracted to pottery: creamers, platters and bowls and glassware from 50's and 60's. Many times we hunt and purr over stuff; put items in our carts and then put them all back on the shelves. We toy with the idea of keepers. It's interesting how our gut knows what a keeper is.


I will let you know what I find this week. Maybe I'll finish my essay this week. Start a poem or two. Maybe Spring cleaning (most likely not).

No comments:

Post a Comment