Thursday, January 29, 2009

Taking care, cure or curse?

Okay, went to the doctor's yesterday for an interval check.
As the Doctor is listening to my lungs and heart, I spy a baseball bat in the corner.
I break my held breath and say, "Doctor, why do you have a baseball bat in this exam room?
Do you hit non-compliant patients over the head? " He starts giggling, like that cartoon dog: hehehehehee . . . I"m sure he's having fun visualizing this. It could be me. I could be the one he wants to bop on the noggin.

***

Good news, one of my stories will be on the launch of a new online ezine: The Northville Review. It goes live on Friday. Here's the link:http://northvillereview.com/?page_id=16
Let me know what you think of the story.

***

Today is my long day at Fisher. I've been up since 4 a.m. preparing for classes. I teach a night class on Thursdays. It's Encounter with the Arts and we're going to see the play The House in Hydesville. It's about the Fox sisters. Their house was moved to Lily Dale NY, which is still the center of Spiritualism. I know my students are going to enjoy this. It's a late night though. We'll be back by 11 p.m. We all ride a bus (hard to convince upperclassmen that we have to do this. But I told them that they should consider it a limo.) Thank goodness, they have a sense of humor!

No comments:

Post a Comment